As GivingTuesday approaches, I’ve been reflecting on this challenging year and the incredible resilience of our clients, staff, volunteers and supporters. You might be surprised to learn that many of our clients love remote/video therapy sessions!
Even though this year has been unlike any other, we’ve pulled together to accomplish great things, such as working to open an office in Walterboro and provide services to more than 1,200 families. I’ve never been prouder of this community - thank you so much for your continued support.
In this spirit of togetherness, I’m asking you to take an important step to stand with Hopeful Horizons on Tuesday, December 1, 2020 — GivingTuesday. GivingTuesday is a global day of giving and unity that traditionally takes place on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving. I know this year has been tough and your holidays probably don’t look like they usually would. Now, more than ever, though, Hopeful Horizons needs your help.
2021 will be the most important year in our organization’s history because we anticipate more individuals and families needing our programs and services than ever before. If you’re able, I hope you’ll join us in giving back on GivingTuesday. We have so much more work that needs to be done to accomplish our goal of ending abuse.
Here are a few ways you can help this year:
● Donate a cash gift now: Any gift, no matter how big or small, can make a huge difference to the families we serve today and in 2021. Plus, with the recent passage of the CARES Act, every American can donate up to $300 tax-free, whether or not you itemize deductions. Make a gift here.
● Donate a non-cash gift: There are many ways to give back that can benefit you as well! Consider giving a gift from your IRA, transferring stocks, or giving from a Donor Advised Fund. Learn more here.
● Advocate for Preventing Abuse and Changing Lives: Spread the word about Hopeful Horizons and our work in the community. Our work isn’t stopping, and you can help make a difference by sharing a message on Facebook or calling a friend to talk about our cause. Share a Facebook post here.
● Create a Legacy: We know that cash donations might not be right for everyone, but giving a gift in your will to create a legacy with Hopeful Horizons is a powerful commitment to our work and mission for generations to come. Learn more here.
● Volunteer: Help us serve our community by volunteering. This is a great way to meet our team and other folks that support causes you care about. Find out more here.
Will you join us on GivingTuesday?
I hope to see you in the new year.
Take care and stay well,